9.11.2013

August Randomness

This is a truly random collection of photos this month.

The boys continue to love books, so reading is always a highlight of their day, evening, or anytime.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Westyn has started to try to climb into his crib. I assume it's only a matter of time before he tries to climb out and then we are in for a world of change around here.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Westyn loves his bath time!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Garytt loves his Potato Head!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Garytt has issues using public toilets but not becuase of the reason that most of us do. He doesn't worry about the cleanliness of them but rather how loud they are. I never really thought about it before but often times public toilets do have a louder, more powerful flush than household toilets. He hates the sound. He often requests that we flush it after we leave (pretty hard to do). Justin took a picture of him holding his ears because it was "too loud."

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Here are some more pictures of Grandpa's wheel barrow rides. This was actually the first time he took the boys on this ride and they loved it!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Garytt made a boat.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Garytt finishes his Culver's frozen custard to the last drop.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

"I'm gonna get you!"

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Playing in his new Lowe's construction apron.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I did manage to get one major project done this month that I'm pretty excited about. I have new curtains in my office!

We had tried to make our curtains from the Basehor house (that we were able to use in Wisconsin as well) but this window is tall and wide. So, the proportions of the old curtains just didn't work.
 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I felt bad though because my mom had custom made them for us, but even she agreed that they just didn't work in this room. So, it was time for a change. I wanted something a little more sleek and less fussy this time. But, with the window being so tall, the curtains were going to be pretty expensive to get anything nice. So, I googled some images and I saw this one and it hit me!
 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

What do you do if you don't want to spend a ton but what some style...you cut some curtains in half and sew in a decorative panel!
 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Here I am checking to see how closely the center panel sections line up...not too shabby!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Here is a before and after compilation that Justin did but for some reason the filter he used gives the curtains a purple tint. The previous pictures show their true grey color better.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I still have to figure out a better way to hang the black lacey curtain underneath but overall I'm happy with the change (and pretty proud of myself for tackling this sewing project).

No comments: