3.17.2013

One Final Snow Day

On Tuesday, February 26, we received one final big snow here in Columbia.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
Justin had another snow day at the office, so he stayed inside with Westyn while I got to go out an play with Garytt in the snow. Garytt played with his soccer ball and sand bucket while I shoveled the driveway. Yes, those are spring/summer sports but he made it work in the winter.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
After I finished shoveling, Garytt and I headed to the back yard for some sledding.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
Westyn watched from the window in our basement.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
Garytt enjoyed the sledding! Here are a few videos of us outside. Of course, the only sound is Westyn in the background.

 
After sledding, Garytt and I had a little snowball fight. Then we threw some snowballs at Westyn and Justin.

 
Then Garytt wanted to make a snow angel.

 
Since this was a nice wet, packable snow, I decided to show Garytt how to make his first snowman.

 
Once he saw how fun it was to make a snowman, he wanted to make one in the front yard as well. He was pretty proud of his snowman!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
Finally, it was time to go inside and warm up. My hands were getting cold, so I know Garytt's had to be cold as well. Although, he would have stayed outside the rest of the afternoon! When we went inside, I had a special treat planned for him...his first cup of hot chocolate!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
When Garytt finished his hot chocolate, he went to play with Westyn. Westyn really enjoys "Peek-A-Boo" these days.

 
We really enjoyed our last snow day of the year! Now, we are ready for spring to arrive!

No comments: