During all of our driving around, my mom and I noticed a Christmas light display just off the highway near San Marcos. We decided to go check it out one evening when we had my dad and the boys with us.
The light display is called Santa's Ranch but I didn't get a picture of the sign. It's a drive through Christmas light display but we really weren't sure how nice it would be.
At the beginning there were some fun lights like a space ship and an old truck wrapped in lights (we thought Uncle Kyle might enjoy at light display like this one!).
Garytt was super excited about the space ship, but I didn't get a picture of that one.
Then we turned the corner and I was amazed! They had almost half of the drive through light display dedicated to Biblical stories...and I don't just mean the birth of Christ! They had everything from Adam and Eve to Noah's Ark to Jonah and the whale...the list goes on.
Since we were pretty much the only car going through the light display (too early in the season probably), we were able to pause and discuss the stories with Garytt as we went through. Some of the displays were a bit of a guessing game, too, since they weren't as obvious. It was a bit of Bible trivia for the adults as well! I really appreciated this section of the light display, especially since we sometimes find it hard to keep the focus on Christ during this season.
Anyhow, after that section, there were the traditional Santa and the Elves scene...like playing football (it is Texas after all). We enjoyed those displays as well!
Garytt really loved the light display and still talks about all the Christmas lights!
No comments:
Post a Comment