Garytt discovered the magic of Halloween while at Justin's office...candy!! He came away with several treats (a preview for the evening) and had a great time! After we made our rounds through the office, we took a few pictures on campus.
The original idea of sitting on a park bench proved to be too distracting for both boys.
So, we tried an alternate approach....which worked like a charm! There's my cute little lion and scarecrow!
Then, we let the lion loose to run for a bit. Watch out Tigers, there's a lion on campus!
Then he became distracted by the leaves.
The scarecrow enjoyed a few extra minutes on the bench.
Finally, it was time to head home. We had a quick dinner before the trick-or-treat fun began. Thankfully, Garytt did actually eat a little bit of dinner before getting his costume back on.
Justin and Garytt headed out to trick-or-treat.
Westyn and I stayed home to hand out candy (probably the only year he will stay home for this). Of course, that really meant he was busy crawling all over the place.
Before too long, Garytt was home with his loot.
And he was ready to dig into the candy!
I convinced him to wait a bit and tried to get a quick picture with me and the two boys.
Then I found him taking candy from the bucket we were using to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters and putting into his bucket...yeah, it didn't take him long to figure that one out!
We took off his mane so he could have a piece of candy and then he was back to stealing from the big candy bucket. He looks a little guilty...but the chocolate on his face adds to that. He totally emptied the big bucket and then looked at me and siad, "Empty." Why, yes it is empty...good thing mom had extra to refill the bucket!
Then Garytt went outside to look at his "spooky pumpkins."
I think the pumpkins looks pretty good all lit up!
We had a great Halloween. I love seeing the excitement and joy in the kids...the candy high on the other hand is a little intense.
(And for those of you who are curious, yes, I made Garytt's costume. It was my first attempt to make something that wasn't rectangular-I've only made curtains in the past. Despite a few issues, I thought it turned out well and I enjoyed doing it for him. Next year I will try to be more ambitious and do two costumes since Westyn had to wear a hand-me-down this year.)
(Oh, and another side note, yes, this was supposed to be a theme. I was supposed to be Dorothy and Justin was supposed to be the Tin Man but I fell behind and didn't get our costumes done. Justin wasn't too disappointed...ha!)
1 comment:
The picture of Westyn on the bench with the adorable smile is perfect! And I LOVE how Garrytt held up his tail when he was walking around! Too cute! :)
Post a Comment