We decided that we would go to Texas for the Brown Family Reunion this year. The tricky part was that Justin is still in a probationary period at work where he is not allowed to take any vacation. So, we decided we would fly down Saturday morning and head straight to the reunion. Then Justin would have to fly back on Sunday but the boys and I would hang out in Texas a bit longer.
So, we woke up at 2am on Saturday morning, November 3, to head to Kansas City to make our early morning flight. We arrived in Austin around 11:30, picked up the rental car, and headed straight to the reunion.
I was especially excited that Justin's grandpa, WD Brown, would get to meet Westyn (aka little WD). These two look like trouble!
After we greeted everyone, they opened up the lunch buffet and everyone sat down to eat.
Garytt met his cousin, Cash Brown, and the boys were instant friends. They are only about a month or so apart in age! They really enjoyed playing with Aunt Shira and Uncle Kirk's windchime...that was hours of fun!
Later, Westyn decided he wanted to get in on the windchime action as well.
The boys also discovered the hammock, where it sort of looks like they are conspiring.
Cash's baby sister was a big hit at the reunion as well! She is such a precious baby and was the youngest Brown at the reunion.
We enjoyed our time at the reunion just hanging out and chatting with family.
You may notice that Garytt isn't in many of the mingling photos. That's because he was either off playing with his new buddy Cash or playing with the toy trucks Aunt Shira gave him.
Westyn also decided to get in on the toy truck action. Westyn has really started to bear crawl more often and I finally got some pictures of that...although it mostly just looks like he is sticking his bottom in the air.
I love this look...like why are you interrupting me...I'm busy with my trucks.
We all took a break inside to watch the photo slide show that Donna Bird put together. I thought it was so fun to see the Brown family through the years! I appreciate all the effort that Donna went through to put it together!
After people started heading out, Justin decided to take a break...after all we had been up since 2am and we were quite tired. Garytt decided to join in on the break time.
We took a quick picture of our family before leaving the reunion...and I have to say that we all look pretty happy for having been up so long!
I want to send out a special thanks to Shira and Kirk for opening up their home for the reunion! We had a great time!
(And for those of you reading this in slightly more northern climates, yes, we are all in summer clothes. It was a bit of a shock to leave the cool and comfortable weather in Missouri to go to over 90 degree weather in Texas...in November! I think I've been away from the south too long when I forget that you can wear tank tops in November sometimes!)
No comments:
Post a Comment