Any time we make it to the Austin area, I really try to get together with one my college besties, Jenn, and her son Isaiah. I was very excited that we were able to schedule a play date at a park during our visit to Texas, especially since it had been over a year since we visited
last time. (Click the link to see how much the boys have changed!)
The boys played mostly separately while we were on the playground. Then we took a break at one of the shelter areas where they had a good time chasing each other around.
There was a little elevated area, kind of like a small stage, with a ramp that Garytt decided was super fun to run down and crash at the end. I don't think Isaiah was too sold on that idea.
Then they found a picnic table to sit at for a bit.
Jenn and I decided that we would let the boys go out on the baseball fields to run off some energy in a fenced area.
That was a great idea until the boys realized that the baseball infield was made of sand...all they were interested in after that was digging in the dirt.
They did take a break from the dirt digging to say hi to Westyn and play peek-a-boo through the fence to the dugout.
Then the boys figured out that the metal benches could be used like drums and Westyn was no longer that interesting.
Jenn did play with Westyn while the boys were playing in the dirt...so he wasn't left out of our play date.
I just have to point out that Jenn and Isaiah are in pants and long sleeves...my boys are in shorts and t-shirts...that's the difference between Texans and well, whatever we are...Kansans, Wisconsonites, now Missourians...let's just say northerners.
Anyhow, we had a great time hanging out! Unfortunately, it was soon time to say good-bye. I hope we can get together again soon...Missouri is a nice place to visit...hint, hint.
No comments:
Post a Comment