9.14.2012

Home, Sweet, Home

Today we officially became homeowners for the fourth time in our short marriage. This time we hope to be able to stay in one location a little longer than we have in the past!

Now, several weeks ago, when I posted a blog about moving into our townhome, I mentioned that I painted the bedrooms. Yes, had I known that we would decide to buy a house so soon, I would not have put in such effort into painting in the townhome. In fact, shortly after that blog post, we started looking at the housing market, found a house, and I pretty much stopped unpacking and decorating in our temporary location.

We closed today in what felt like record time...Garytt snacked on whale crackers, while I held Westyn and we signed a stack of papers one after the other. I think we were done in about 20 minutes...I mentioned this is our fourth house, right?

After closing, we had a "celebration" dinner at a super fancy restaurant...McDonald's! (Honestly, I wasn't sure if Garytt would be able to handle sitting quietly waiting for a table on Friday evening...not just any Friday evening...the Friday of Parents' Weekend at MU!)

Then, we headed over to the big empty house...armed with painter's tape! Yes, the first order of business is to paint the bedrooms...again! The previous owners clearly had girls...the pink and purple must go!

Anyhow, I will be sure to share our changes along the way, but I thought I start by sharing the photos from the real estate listing.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


This is the entryway.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


This is the formal dining room but we will be using this as our formal sitting room...we can't eat on carpet with a baby and a toddler!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Here's the kitchen.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


This is the breakfast nook, but it will be our dining room.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


There is a small deck just off the breakfast nook. It doesn't have stairs down to the backyard, which I was kind of unsure about but Garytt can totally unlock and open the door all by himself, so maybe that will prove to be a blessing.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


This is the main level living room but we will be using it primarily as my office since I work from home.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


These are the stairs to the basement and you can see the half bath on the main level.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


The basement is finished with a rec room, full bath, and a small play room/bonus room. The play room is super small and I think the previous owners just used it as a walk-in closet for the toys.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


The best way to get to the backyard is through the basement. The previous owners left a swing set out in the wooded area of the yard. Today Garytt pointed out there and said "Garytt's house." I guess he's claimed it!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


All the bedrooms are up on the second story. Here's the master bed and bath.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


This bedroom is the biggest of the secondary bedrooms. However, the other two bedrooms are connected with a Jack and Jill bath. So, I debated about what to do with this room. In the end, we decided that this would be Garytt's room and if we need to have the boys share a room in the future, it would be big enough to do so. (Don't get any ideas...there is no Baby Brown #3 on the way.)

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



This is the room that will be Westyn's room.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


The other bedroom will end up being my craft room...yes, I'm so excited to have space that I can work on projects without being in the way! Also, since the Jack and Jill bath is the only bathroom on this level besides the master bath, Garytt can access the bathroom through the craft room even if Westyn is napping.



Here's the Jack and Jill bathroom.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


There probably won't be as many dramatic changes in this house as compared to our Wisconsin house. I even like a lot of the paint color choices on the main level, which is nice!

I can't tell you how excited I am to actually move into the house! I forgot what it was like to share a wall with neighbors...just last night, I heard the neighbors alarm go off at 3:30 am and the shower start! Seriously?! Of course, they may be just as happy to have our sleepless baby move out...ha!


No comments: