7.17.2012

The Bachelorette Party

Thursday was also the night of the bachelorette party for Rebecca. I made her put on a "Bride" sash, a "Bride" tiara, and a light up ring before heading out. She was quick to point out that they looked very familiar...yes, I reused the things that she used at my bachelorette party five years ago.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


She immediately took everything except the sash off to walk through the hotel and out to dinner. Once we got to Old Chicago, I made her put it back on though. We had deep dish pizza for dinner...yes, all the better to absorb some of the alcohol that would be comsumed that evening.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Then Bec took her first shot of the night.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


It looks like it tasted good...

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


We had some cupcakes while Bec opened up some gifts. I used some ring pops as cupcake toppers.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


After Rebecca was finished opening her gifts, it was time to hit the bars.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


We saw a few random things that we encountered while at the bars in Wichita. The first was a bicycle that had like eight seats on it...



Then we saw some guy in a sumo suit...we had to make the bride get a picture with him!



Throughout the night we were playing this card game with little dares on the cards. The person with the most dares completed by the end of the night won...I don't know what they were supposed to win...maybe you're supposed to be too drunk at that point to care about a prize.

Anyhow, one of the dares that Bec had to do was get a picture with a married guy...she looks a little embarrassed.



There was one guy that helped Bec complete quite a few of the dares...dance with a stranger...

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



Get a stranger to propose to you...



After completing several of the dares, he seemed a bit creepy. It was time to call it a night anyhow, so we headed back to the hotel.



I have to say the night was sort of strange for me...I felt very caught in this weird middle stage...on one hand, being out at the bars made me totally miss my college friends and some of the great times we had at Northgate! On the other hand, I was praying...Lord, please don't let my boys grow up and act like some of the guys in these bars!

Anyhow, I hope Rebecca enjoyed her Last Fling Before the Ring!

No comments: