Saturday morning, the girls all woke up early to head to the salon. We brought some breakfast and mimosas to enjoy while we waited our turn.
Here we are with our hair done...but no makeup on yet (this is a sight you won't see very often with me).
After our hair appointments, we all went back to the hotel so we could carpool in the party bus over to the church.
Yeah, so I was told this bus had air conditioning...turns out not so much...so one of the bridesmaids thought ahead and had mini fans for us...not exactly A/C but better than nothing!
So, it was quite a feat to get everyone ready once we got to the church. Of course, the most important person was Bec. But I also had to get myself, Garytt, and Westyn to get ready. Thank goodness Justin was able to help out with the boys while I helped Bec.
I came out over the bridal room for a bit to see Garytt and hang out. He looked so handsome in his tux.
He even got to smell my flowers.
Soon it was time to line up and start the wedding! Garytt and the flower girl, Kate, were quite cute!
I don't have any pictures from the actual wedding since I was in the wedding and Justin was busy helping Garytt make it down the aisle and then wrangling both the boys during the ceremony. So, we will just have to wait until the professional photos are ready.
After the ceremony, it was time to take some of the formal shots in the church. Garytt scored one of those mini fans from party bus.
Westyn had a nice little moment with Grandma. (He looked pretty cute in his little suit too.)
We got a quick pic of the beautiful bride and Garytt.
Then I was able to get a picture with Westyn...we tried to get Garytt in the shot too but he was too busy mingling.
After all the formal pictures, Justin took the boys for an hour and a half car ride so they could nap between the ceremony and the reception.
Meanwhile, the bridal party got back on the party bus to go take pictures in Old Town Wichita...it was quite warm but there were celebratory drinks to keep cool. And if you look closely at the picture, you can see someone decorated the party bus with "JUST MARYD"...yes, nothing says classy like riding a short bus with words spelled incorrectly...too funny!
I did get another picture of the party bus at one of our photo stops...the bus driver is also in the picture...they call the "The Mad Hatter."
I snapped a few pictures of the new Mr. and Mrs. Polok at one of the photo locations.
Finally, we were able to go to the reception with AIR CONDITIONING!! Yay! Justin took a picture of my arrival as part of the bridal party.
Apparently, Garytt clapped for me...too cute!
Then it was quickly back to his cracker!
Here is the whole bridal party ready to eat!
Westyn was introduced to some family members for the first time.
After dinner, Rebecca and Kyle had their first dance.
Then Bec and my dad danced the Father/Daughter dance.
Rebecca and Kyle also had a Bride/Ring Bearer and Groom/Flower Girl dance planned. Unfortunately, neither of the kids were willing to dance on command. Later Bec and Garytt did get to dance though.
After the formal dances, my mom had a huge surprise planned!
That's right Kansas State fans! Willie the Wildcat joined the wedding! Rebecca looks really surprised!
Garytt was a little timid around Willie at first.
Garytt definitely got more comfortable with Willie as you will notice in the videos.
We did tell Garytt to give Willie a Texas Aggie "Gig'em!"
Garytt had a great time just dancing the night away!
We had a great time at the wedding. And I can't wait to see the professional photos. I have to say that the pictures in this blog did not do justice to how beautiful my sister looked on her big day!
No comments:
Post a Comment