9.25.2018

Garytt's 8th Birthday - Part 1

We left Texas on March 24, 2018 to head back north. We stopped about halfway, just outside Pratt, KS where Aunt Becca and Uncle Kyle have access to a cabin. We arrived pretty late that night so the boys all went straight to sleep pretty much.

The next morning was Garytt's 8th birthday! And Aunt Becca was amazing! She got the cabin all decorated in Happy Birthday and Pokemon decor. She knew that with us traveling unexpectedly that I wouldn't be able to do as much for his birthday as I normally do.


Of course, our tradition is to start the morning out with a birthday donut!


I had to run a quick errand, so while I was away, the party hats and party poppers came out! Birthday fun!


It was a little chilly that morning, so the boys helped find sticks to start a fire. Apparently the fire was very interesting.


They also had some time to ride in the golf cart and explore the lake area.


Grandma and Grandpa made it to the lake by lunch time. After lunch, we had some Pokemon cake! Another special thanks to Grandma for working so hard to get a Pokemon cake for the occasion and for making some super cute Pikachu cookies!


After cake, Aunt Becca had some fun birthday games ready to go. The first of which was a pop the balloon game. Before that game started, we took a picture with all the boys.


Let the balloon popping start! Inside the balloons were little paper Pokemon...gotta collect 'em all!


One more game that Bec put together was a Pokeball search game. She made Pokeballs out of practice golf balls. Awesome! Ready, set, search!


Aunt Becca even gave the birthday boy a special birthday boy ride on the golf cart.

I think this birthday boy was having a great day so far and it wasn't even over yet!

No comments: