9.23.2018

Dance Open House March 2018

Both boys decided to try dance during the 2017-2018 school year. In March, there was a parent open house to see the progress.

 We watched Garytt's jazz/hip hop dance class first. They did some warm-ups and then showed us their progress on their performance piece.

 

I took a few videos as well.


Next, we went across the hall to see Westyn's ballet/tap class. They also did a few warm-ups and showed some basic skills followed by a preview of the routine for the recital.


I also took a few videos of Westyn.


It was at this open house where the teachers for Westyn's class mentioned that they decided that the second half of the recital piece would include the students dads, or in Westyn's case, his mom. Seriously, I was not thrilled to know I had to go on stage and dance in front of a ton of people! But, I also couldn't disappoint Westyn.

I really enjoyed seeing the progress the boys had made in dace in a short amount of time.  And being the only boys in their classes, means that they got to be placed center stage for the recital routines!

No comments: