5.04.2015

While Dad Is Away...

At the end of February, Justin left for a work trip to D.C. He had a great time with his financial aid colleagues while enjoying the sights of D.C., some good food, and even a meeting with the Missouri Senator, Roy Blunt.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Meanwhile, I decided to plan a few fun things to do with the boys. We packed up and headed out for a fun day in K.C.

20150227_085836.jpg

We stopped at Crown Center for a lunch at Fritz's. They always love the excitement of having a real train bring your lunch to you!

20150227_114317.jpg 20150227_111356.jpg 20150227_111424.jpg 20150227_111634.jpg

Then, we headed next door to Science City. These boys sure do love their science centers. And, as an added bonus, Science City has added a whole new section about genetics and chromosomes! (Ok, so maybe I was more impressed with that section than the boys, but I love that they added that new exhibit!)

20150227_121747.jpg 20150227_125109.jpg 20150227_122800.jpg 20150227_122746.jpg 20150227_122813.jpg 20150227_122851.jpg 20150227_133550.jpg 20150227_123531.jpg

The next morning I took the boys to the Lowe's Build and Grow program to build some Monster Trucks.

20150228_095227.jpg 20150228_095757.jpg 20150228_101848.jpg 20150228_101940.jpg

After that, we headed over to get a haircut for the boys. We go to a place that gives them coupons to go get ice cream afterwards. On the way out of the salon, we had a little accident. I thought Garytt had cleared the door and he was looking down and the door hit him really hard on the head. Unfortunately, the salon didn't have any ice. So, we hurried next door to the ice cream shop, who did have ice and was very helpful. Poor Garytt got a pretty big goose egg out of that one (and I felt horrible!). The ice cream did calm him down a bit though.

20150228_113004.jpg

Our weekend without Justin definitely had some ups and downs but we survived!

No comments: