10.02.2013

Shaving Cream Painting

Justin usually handles bath time but with him out of town, I decided to let the boys do some bath time "painting" for some added fun. (This was, of course, prior to all of our hospital excitement.) I had seen this idea pinned on Pinterest a number of times and was excited to finally do it. I put shaving cream in the cups of a muffin tin and added various colors.
 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I put the boys in the bath and gave them each a small paint brush. They really seemed to enjoy painting.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Then they started painting on themselves.

Garytt decided that you could get far more coverage by using his hand instead of the paint brush. So, he started making hand prints on the wall.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The boys had a great time and clean-up was a breeze.

The boys were really excited to tell Dad about this adventure. I decribed what I had done with the boys but not in great detail. The night Justin got back to town and gave the boys a bath, he told me he had done the shaving cream painting as well. He took a different strategy though...he basically just put the food coloring and shaving cream in the buckets in the tub. So, the colors were a little messier...well, really the whole thing looked messier.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I have no doubt the boys enjoyed his version of the shaving cream painting as well...they may even prefer this method.

It is interesting how the two of us could take the same idea and approach it so differently, thus giving the boys two different but similar experiences.

No comments: