2.25.2013

Where is the Supervision?

This post consists of a collection of photos that might have you asking, "Where is the supervision?"

The first one was highlihgted in a previous blog post but is worth revisiting because...wow! Westyn is such a little dare devil!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
This next series of photos occured one afternoon while I was fixing dinner. I often let Westyn play in the pantry while I fix dinner. He usually digs through the carboard recycling or pulls the boxes of cake mix off the shelves and shakes them...no big deal. Well, one afternoon, I tuned around and he had grabbed the bread, which was apparently within reach, and decided to have a little snack.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
A new thing that Westyn has started doing is climbing all the way into the cabinets. This totally reminds me of my sister when she was little!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
I saved the best for last! So, one afternoon, I was folding laundry in our master bedroom and the boys were playing in the master bath. They usually like to open and close drawers or stand beside the tub and race their cars. Again, no big deal...it keeps them entertained and lets me get a few chores done.

Well, this was a different day...apparently Garytt found my not so secret hiding spot for some toilet paper and some of my personal products in one of the cabinets. He discovered the personal products had a sticky side like a sticker. The boys had dumped them all over the floor and were playing with them...which I actually thought was pretty funny. I grabbed the camera for some really good blackmail photos for the future when Garytt turned to me and said, "These are really cool, mommy!" as he stuck one on his pants. Priceless!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
Yes, we really do monitor our children! (And we don't keep any of our chemicals or dangerous items at their level.)  But we do like to let them explore...and they definitely explore!

No comments: