Then we turned on some tunes at Grandma and Grandpa's house to get in the dancing spirit. Grandpa started snapping to the music and Garytt tried to snap his fingers as well...which turned into just waving his hands.
Garytt was in awe when we first arrived.
He's checking out the dance floor but staying close to Grandpa. (And I have no idea why he wanted to wear his hat to the side all evening...it kind of makes him look like a ghetto cowboy...)
Grandma and Grandpa headed out to the dance floor and took Garytt along for the first dance.
Then Garytt went out to dance with just Grandma.
On a side note, Justin and I took advantage of having so many adults around to watch the boys by dancing to a song. Unfortunately, the downside to everyone watching the boys is that there is no picture of us dancing...
Anyhow, shortly after we arrived, my friend Samantha and her daughter Olivia showed up. Olivia is about a year older than Garytt. We took them into the corner so they could dance without being in the way of the adults.
It started out very sweet and adorable...
Then, of course, it got a little more wild...
The wild dancing included a lot of spinning and then falling down on purpose...apparently that is fun when you are only a few feet off the ground. Anyhow, this picture cracked me up when I uploaded it...both kids are actually spinning around in the picture and are quite a distance apart but it totally looks like Garytt is going after Olivia's backside...it's all in the timing of the picture.
The kids had a great time dancing and playing together. I even took a few videos. They are a little dark due to the mood lighting.
As you can see in the last video, Westyn got to dance with his Godmother, Dana.
Then the DJ played Rita's Waltz, which is the dance that my parents danced with Garytt when he was just a baby. Now it was Westyn's turn.
I also took a video of them dancing Rita's Waltz.
After Rita's Waltz it was time to take the boys home and put them to bed. Garytt didn't really want to go...
So, I had to pick him up and in doing so he dropped his hat.
This is the only other picture I have of G and me from the evening...
Yeah, I know, it's pretty awesome...at least he looks happy in it, right?!
We enjoyed the Friday night dance!
1 comment:
Love the snapping fingers...and the last photo..that smile is a killer!
Post a Comment