4.15.2012

Easter Preparations

The weekend before Easter, Grandma and Grandpa decided to have Garytt help them decorate.

First, Grandpa had Garytt help hang up the Easter bunny wind sock. They first tried to hang it up using a long pole.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Grandpa preparing the pole



Garytt watching closely


Apparently, the pole didn't work, so they decided to bring out the ladder. (As a side note, Grandma took these pictures...I was not there to witness this event...I'm not sure I would have been so comfortable with G climbing such a tall ladder but since all went well, no worries, right?!)

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug





Then Grandpa showed Garytt how to hang up the Easter garden flag...a much safer task by the way.



Garytt also got to do some Easter decorating with Grandma on another day. She showed him how to hang Easter eggs in the bushes. He had fun doing that once he got the hang of it!









The weekend before Easter we were also invited to go to an Easter egg hunt at a local church with some of my mom's friends and their grandchildren. There were activities for the kids and even pictures with the Easter bunny before the official egg hunt began.

When we first walked in, there was an aide dog lying there. Garytt and Connor were very interested in the dog!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


The Easter bunny was only going to be available for pictures for a short while, so I wanted to do that first. However, as soon as Garytt saw the Easter bunny, he became very scared and didn't want to go anywhere near him! (In his defense, this was probably one of the scarier looking Easter bunnies that I have ever seen in my life as well!) So, no picture with the Easter bunny this year!!

So, we went off to do some of the other fun activities. We started with the ring toss. I think there was a tape line on the floor that you were supposed to stand behind, but Garytt felt he had a better chance right on top of the pegs...sure enough he was able to ring a few of them that way!







After that we moved on to the dart board. Garytt was awesome at this and he didn't even cheat! He got a bullseye!! (Ok, I realize it was dumb luck but still awesome!)


Look at that form!


>
Bullseye with the first throw!




Bullseye! (And another one on the board!)


Garytt and Grandma then went over to do the cake walk with Mrs. Willard and Connor. The guy running the cake walk was awesome. He made sure that each kid's number was pulled as least once so that every kid received a cupcake.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Cake walk



Getting a cupcake


I would have probably skipped the cookie decorating station as I feared it would be too messy. But Grandma had no fear...so off they went to decorate a cookie.









After Dana and Olivia had done most of the stations, they came over to sit with Westyn. Olivia really liked talking to Westyn, and he really smiled and seemed to enjoy her company...too cute!





Finally, it was time to go out to the egg hunt...they opened the gate and all the kids went wild for the eggs...well except Garytt. He was WAY more interested in the playground toys! I had to practically hand him and egg that was right in front of him...he had no interest in hunting for eggs...let's play!!



Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug









After the egg hunt, Olivia, Connor, and Garytt all stayed to play for a while. Then we all headed over to McDonald's for lunch. Garytt had a great time! He was so worn out that he didn't even make it out of the McDonald's parking lot before he fell asleep.

No comments: