9.11.2015

The Arch and More

When I was looking for fun things to do in St. Louis, I found an Irish Fest was going on that weekend near the river. This worked out perfectly because they were offering an outdoor mass. So, we headed out to the festival and made it just in time for mass. It was a little hard for the boys to stay focused and quiet at an outdoor mass but we made it through. As it turns out, the festival wasn't all that big but the boys enjoyed some Kona's along the river banks.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug 20150524_111125.jpg

They did have a little craft project for the kids.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug 20150524_115731.jpg

We went back to the hotel for a little rest and then some swimming. The weather was warm but not warm enough to really warm up the pool water. The boys still wanted to swim in spite of the chilly water...and Justin left it up to me to be brave enough to get in the water with them.

20150524_132049.jpg 20150524_132201.jpg 20150524_140004.jpg

After drying off and warming up, we headed downtown to go see The Arch! We had to go pick up our tickets first, which was in a beautiful building.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

They also have a little gondola near the ticket line to be sure you understand how tight it will be on the way up.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We took a few pictures after picking up the tickets but before we started the walk down to the actual Arch.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug 20150524_163024.jpg

Off we go!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

It was just a short walk before we made to The Arch.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug 20150524_164901.jpg 20150524_164842.jpg

They told us that we needed to be in line to go through security at least an hour before our ticket time. So, we got in line but we ended up inside way too early. So, we had some snacks and waited. Then once it was our ticket time, we got in line. Then we were handed colored cards with numbers. I thought that meant we were next. As it turns out there were several more holding areas before it was our turn to go up. I asked Westyn prior to getting into line if he had to go to the bathroom prior to getting into line but he completely resisted...basically had a meltdown, so I didn't force him. Of course, once we were to the second holding area, he needed to go...and no bathrooms. Fortunately, I had a pull-up with me (which he never needs during the day anymore!) so I was able to weave the pull-up under his underwear and let him use that. I was so thankful we had that with us!

Anyhow, it was finally our turn to go up.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug 20150524_181105.jpg 20150524_182140.jpg 20150524_182219.jpg Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug 20150524_183107.jpg

Heading back down.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I am so glad we made it to The Arch!

20150524_190607.jpg

Of course, no day in our house is complete without some coloring time.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments: