Instead of making the whole cake myself this year, I had Sam's club make a two tiered cake and told them the colors to base frost it and then had plans to just dress it up. Unfortunately, I didn't really leave myself enough time to do everything I needed to do between work and the other party things...good thing I have a wonderful husband who stepped in and helped make my vision come to life!
We rented a parks and rec house for the party. I thought if we were lucky enough the weather might hold out and the kids could actually play at the park. Unfortunately, it was rainy, so that didn't work out. But the house worked out great for a party location!
Pretty soon Justin arrived with the boys. They were pretty amazed by the food table.
I tried to get a photo of Westyn with the cake in the background. Silly boy just isn't much into looking at the camera.
Pretty soon guests started to arrive, including Aunt Bec, Uncle Kyle, and Cousin Jacob!
While we waiting for everyone to arrive, I had the kids just play in a room that had a bunch of balloons in it. My idea was that it would be like clouds. The kids absolutely loved it! I also had a coloring station with white paper so they could decorate the paper and then make a paper airplane. We hung a hula hoop up for a paper airplane target. I couldn't believe how entertained those two simple things kept the kids!
Pretty soon it was time to eat!
After lunch we played a quick game of pin the sticker on Dusty...yeah seems like they could have made it pin the propeller on Dusty. Of course, the birthday boy got to go first.
All the kids were eager for their turn but did a great job waiting. We let all of other 2-3 year old go next.
Jacob got a turn next. (We didn't make him use a blindfold.)
Finally, we let the two big kids go...and Justin gave them a few extra turns before letting them loose.
After the game, it was time for cake!
Garytt couldn't hardly contain himself...he just had to touch the propeller. (Which made it difficult for me to get a good picture of Westyn with his cake.)
Time to light the candle and sing. (Westyn always looks a bit shocked when we sing Happy Birthday to him.)
Blow out the candles!
Garytt wanted to get a picture with the cake too...not sure he knows whose birthday this is...
Everyone enjoyed the cake and jello dessert.
Time for presents.
We had such a wonderful time at the party. Westyn was so excited to invite his school friends this year and we had a great turn out! Thanks to everyone who helped make this a special day for Westyn!
No comments:
Post a Comment