We specifically planned our route to include several very fun stops for the boys to get out and stretch their legs. (All of our scheduled stops were free admission stops since we have membership passes to the Topeka Zoo and the Kansas City science center...you know I love free!)
Our first stop was about 3.5 hours down the road at the Dickerson Park Zoo in Springfield, MO. (By the way, you will notice that Garytt doesn't want to smile or look at the camera in any of the posed shots...apparently he is already tired of photo ops at 4.5 years old....ugh, I didn't expect that to happen for quite a few more years!)
Just inside the gates, we found a peacock roaming around.
Garytt led the way through the zoo. We found turtles, snakes, lions, and more.
About half way through, we found the giraffes, which was a highlight at this zoo because we were able to feed the giraffes special crackers.
We also found the cheetah.
We were thankful for lots of open area to walk and stretch our legs...until the 2 year old gets tired and gets to ride!
What a fun stop we had at the zoo!
By then it was time to pack up and head on down the road to Little Rock, AR. We stopped at the Discovery Museum in Little Rock. We only had about an hour there before they were closing but this was a great museum and we could have spent a lot more time there!
After we spent some time at this main attraction, Justin and I each took a boy separately to go explore. Garytt and I went to the ancient ruins room. He really enjoyed the puzzles in there although many of them were geared for slightly older children.
Then we headed to the human body room.
Meanwhile, Westyn was exploring a map of Arkansas.
Then we switched. Westyn and I hung out while he did some building.
And Garytt and Justin went to explore some other things.
Pretty soon the announcement came that there were only 10 minutes left to explore. So, Westyn and I went to catch up with Garytt and Justin. We found Garytt on a bed of nails!
Of course, he wanted Westyn to try it to! Garytt was really fascinated by this exhibit!
We had just enough time before the museum closed to explore the pulley seats.
Another great place to stop and stretch our legs!
It was time to drive the final leg to our condo in Texas. Of course, gas and a little Sonic drink were in order.
We finally arrived at the condo pretty late. I think it was close to 10:30. Mimi was there waiting for us. Unfortunately, I must have been so tired I didn't think about snapping a picture of the boys and Mimi that night.
We were ready to get a good night sleep and start our adventures in Texas the following day!
No comments:
Post a Comment