
The boys started by opening some gifts from Mimi and gifts they got for each other.

Then it was time to open the gifts from mom and dad. This year we created a code for the boys to break in order for them to know which presents were theirs. This was a tradition that my parents used to do every year and my sister and I loved it. So, I wanted to continue that tradition and they boys are finally old enough to start breaking codes!

They finally figured out the code. Garytt realized that the numbers on each package would add up to their age. Great code breaking! And then they could hand out the remaining presents.


So, the code the first year was easy so they could get the idea of code breaking. Sadly, even with this super easy code, I made a mistake! Seriously, who would think?! Apparently, wrapping gifts and doing basic math in the middle of the night isn't ideal. One of the packages added up to 8! I was laughing so hard I was crying because I remember almost every year my mom had at least one package with the wrong code...so the tradition continues. Love ya, Mom!

Justin also did well with his Christmas gifts to me. He got me some lovely Russian Santas for my collection.

After the packages were opened, the boys were quick to put on some of their new shirts and start to play Sonic. I love that the old games from our childhood are still fun and cool.

Picture with Mimi.

We had a very Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment