5.13.2017

Special Visitors and Thanksgiving 2016

We had some special visitors around Thanksgiving time. Aunt Shira, Uncle Kirk, Cousin Auggie, and Great Grandpa WD came up from Texas. I have to admit, I wasn't my normal shutterbug self during their stay. So, I sadly don't have enough group photos. I did catch the boys hanging out with WD watching an old western movie.


Grandpa WD is an early riser just like my little WD. So, many mornings when I would come downstairs, I would find the two WDs having coffee and playing a game. How precious is that?!


Aunt Shira brought some pretty cool costumes to add to our dress-up bin. The boys were thrilled!


Our visitors were able to join Garytt for lunch at school one day.


Westyn was a big fan of playing video games with Auggie.


Garytt had a cub scout meeting one evening. So, we thought it would be fun for the Eagle Scout to join him!


I had some helpers make some pies for Thanksgiving.


We moved our tv from the basement up to our living room so it would be easier for Grandpa WD. The boys kind of enjoyed watching tv there, esp. the Thanksgiving parade.


Grandma and Grandpa were able to join us for Thanksgiving, too. And pretty soon, the turkey was ready and it was time to eat!


Of course, the highlight of Thanksgiving dinner other than the turkey is all the pies.


The coconut cream pie with meringue on top was the most special this year. We lost our dear Aunt Betty just days earlier. (That's part of the reason I wasn't too much of a shutterbug.) She was our pie maker of the family and loved any excuse to have a big meal and eat dessert. She was especially good at making pies with meringue on top. I did a pretty good job and she would have been proud, but it's not nearly a pretty as her pies were.


I did snap a picture of the boys before dinner.


Then we decided to take a couple pictures on the porch.


Before the Texas group left, Shira had a few more special surprises for the boys.


We were so blessed to have so much family join us for Thanksgiving this year. We appreciate the the Zippes visiting and bringing WD with them. I just wish I had taken more pictures!

No comments: