Let the present opening begin!
The boys opened the gifts from each other first. Westyn gave Garytt a new game. (Westyn looks so proud of his gift to Garytt.) Garytt gave Westyn a mini shooter and a Toothless dragon character (from the move How To Train Your Dragon).
I love that the gift exchange ended in a brotherly hug!
Next up were some gifts from Mimi...headphones and bandaids were a huge hit...
The watches were great too!
Grandma and Grandpa sent the boys Mouse Trap and some Star Wars guys. Both gifts were huge hits as well.
Aunt Ashley and Uncle Josh sent the boys some giant coloring sheets of Spiderman and Ninja Turtles as well as some matching Ninja Turtle pjs. Great gifts!
We started the tradition last year of giving the boys three gifts each from us, which is symbolic for the three wise men: something they need, an experience, and something they want- i.e. the "gold" gift.
Their gift of need this year was a package gift that included slippers and a robe. They both complain every morning about being cold, so we hoped this would solve the problem...they were pretty excited to try on their new robes and slippers!
We didn't get a picture of their experience gift. We gave them thermal winter gloves because their experience was supposed to be going ice skating. As I write this blog in March we have yet to be brave enough to try to take them both ice skating...hmm...maybe the best experience gift this year...oops.
I did throw in an extra "sharing" gift, mostly because I bought it at the end of Halloween for less that $2 and the boys love to dress up...
Their gold gifts were the last ones they opened. They received new Chuggington Stack Tracks for their Chuggington trains!
Good thing we saved those to the end because they immediately wanted to start putting them together.
Once we got them together, we moved the tracks into the play room. The great thing is that these tall tracks connect to their other tracks...so they can make a whole town!
While Justin and the boys played with the trains, I was able to sneak out the gift for Justin that I didn't wrap. (I'm sure he would have preferred a bigger one but this seemed like enough of a splurge to me...haha.)
After all the package opening, it was time to chill out and try some of the news things out.
Poor Westyn tried the Disney mints from Santa...apparently they were a little too strong.
We played Mouse Trap as well.
Pretty soon it was time to celebrate my birthday.
I received some very nice gifts including some gift cards for DQ and a Mickey Mouse muffin tin. But my favorite gift came from my good friend and fellow cytogenetic technologist, Stacey!
We had such a wonderful and blessed Christmas day! Spiderman Goofy Garytt agrees!
No comments:
Post a Comment