A few days before the party, I made the centerpieces, the party favor bags, and art palette cookies.
I follow a cake blog that inspired my cake design for Westyn's party. I got to work decorating the cake once we arrived in Topeka.
Once the cake was done, I made some "paint brush" rice crispy treats.
My parents and I went over to the party site a little early to set up.
Pretty soon the birthday boy arrived!
Once all the guests arrived, it was time to enjoy some pizza.
Of course, the boys couldn't wait to have cake! It was time to sing "Happy Birthday!" to Westyn. Sadly, I did not do a good job of getting a picture of Westyn with his cake. I really should have brough the cake to his table rather than bring him to the cake table...oops.
Time for cake! (Usually the cupcakes go faster but once I cut into this rainbow cake, everyone wanted a piece!)
Next it was time to open presents. Wow, this was a bit of chaos. I didn't do a very good job of wrangling Garytt who was very eager to "help" his brother. They have fun!
Then, it was time to head next door to the art lab. The kids all put on their art aprons and we walked next door.
It was a tight elevator ride down.
We got started on the main project right away. The instructor described the process. First the kids were to draw on black construction paper with white crayon. Then they were to rip up the pieces. They set that aside while they painted with red, blue, and yellow on white paper. They were told to glob it on (not too hard for 2-5 year olds). They were also asked not to mix the colors...haha...yeah! I was definitely glad we decided to give everyone an art apron because this was a bit of a messy project but they all did great and really enjoyed it.
We took all the projects to the drying table and washed our hands. Then the kids were free to explore the other areas of the art lab.
As the party wound down, I tried to gather all the kids for a picture. We only ended up with Garytt, Westyn, and Hannah.
We had a truly fun day! We are thankful for all of our friends and family that came out to celebrate with us. (And we missed a few friends due to some winter illnesses going around.)
I still can't believe my little baby boy is two! Happy Birthday Westyn!
No comments:
Post a Comment