8.28.2013

Pantene Beautiful Lengths

Several months ago, I really wanted to get my hair cut because it was getting so long it was difficult to deal with. I noticed that it was just a few inches shy of being able to donote it though. So, I decided to keep growing it out. After our trip to Michigan, I decided it was finally time to cut my hair and donate it to Pantene Beautiful Lengths.

Before:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

After:  (Not the best pictures ever but all I got that day.)

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

So, there's a little story that goes with this hair cut. My original stylist had washed and done an initial cut. Then she dried my hair and started working on some layers on my dry hair. I have never had a cut done that way but she was young so I figured it must be a newer technique. Anyhow, we were getting along and chatting away as she picked up a razor and sliced her finger. She went back to bandage it and came back out. As I was asking her if she was ok, she started to look quite faint. So, she went to the back to sit for a minute.

The owner/stylist of the salon noticed she was missing and asked about it. I told her what happened and she went to check on her. Well, it turns out that the owner had a no-show, so she moved me to her chair to finish up while my original stylist recovered. As this lady was working, she decided that she needed to wet my hair down again to "have more control over the cut." So, I don't really know if that means she didn't like the direction my cut was going originally or what.

She wet the hair down and started the cut over. Then, she dried my hair and fixed any areas that needed attention on the dry hair. My hair takes forever to dry, even with it being much shorter, it is so thick that it takes a long time! So, needless to say, I was at the salon FOREVER! But after two hours and two stylists, I had a new do.

I'm glad that I was able to donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths, but I am still getting used to the much shorter length but it is "growing" on me. 

No comments: