8.24.2012

Good-Bye, Wisconsin! Hello, Missouri!

We were fortunate with the move to have a moving allowance that allowed us to have a full-service move. This was extremely important since we really only had about two and a half weeks from the time Justin received the offer to the time we needed to move.

I was able to contain the boys in the family room happily while the packers worked on other areas of the house.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



Garytt looks like this move is really stressing him out...

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


It took a couple of days to pack everything up.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


But eventually our house was empty.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug









All of our belongings were loaded on to the United truck, ready to head to Missouri.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


It actually took the driver longer than he expected to get everything loaded. And the boys and I were heading out of Oshkosh a few days before Justin. So, I packed up the boys and headed out before I saw the house totally empty...probably better because it was definitely a bitter-sweet ending...I really miss our house in Wisconsin!

Anyhow, the boys and I headed to Galena, Illinois for the night. It is a nice place to stay (we stayed there for Thanksgiving this past year) and it breaks up the long trip for us.

Garytt had his shades on and was ready for the trip!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Westyn was all loaded and ready too!



I have to say, that I was a little nervous about going on such a long trip with the boys by myself. Mostly, I just wasn't sure that I would have enough hands to carry the everything we needed and the boys...I really wish I had a picture of us as we walked into our hotel...I had Westyn in the baby front carrier, a small rolling suitcase, a bag with all their breakfast needs (oatmeal, bottles, etc.), a Bumbo chair, and holding Garytt's hand...yeah, I have to say, it was impressive...even the check-in clerk mentioned it!

Anyhow, once we got to the room, it was no problem. We just ordered pizza in for the night and relaxed. I even managed to give the boys a bath!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug





One nice thing about this place is that there is a bedroom and then the living area with a murphy bed. So, I set Garytt up in the bedroom, so that he would be able to sleep all night despite the fact that Westyn typically doesn't sleep that well. Then I slept on the murphy bed with Westyn in a crib nearby. It worked out well for us!

The next morning, we got up, ate our breakfast, and hung out for a little bit.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



About the time that Westyn usually takes his morning nap, I packed the boys up and headed to Missouri.

The trip went relatively well considering I was traveling with two young kids. When we arrived in Columbia, we headed straight to the townhome. I had to get the keys and do the walk through.

We arrived very close to dinner time. I came prepared with stuff to make an easy dinner for Garytt. So, this is the first dinner in the new place...classy!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


After doing a few things in the townhome, we headed to the hotel for the night. I will say a standard hotel room didn't go quite a smoothly for everyone's sleep but we made it through the night.

The next day, all of our stuff arrived! This townhome is quite a bit small than our house in Wisconsin, so it's hard to know where to put everything!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug










I was thankful to have toys to entertain Westyn.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


And Garytt was happy to watch Little Einsteins on my laptop.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Later that day, Justin and Ellie arrived in Columbia. This picture was taken after our first night here in townhome...both the boys and Ellie look pretty interested in whatever is on the TV.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


The boys were really troopers during this whole experience!

No comments: