Last year Justin did the honors of carving our pumpkin. He attempted it this year but since he has been extremely busy remodeling part of our bathroom while I was gone, his wrists were giving out, so I ended up carving them instead.
Getting Garytt strapped into the seat for viewing.
Justin attempting to carve the first pumpkin.
Garytt wasn't having fun being strapped into the seat. I thought maybe he couldn't see well enough. So, when I took over cleaning out the first pumpkin, we let him stand up to see better...it still didn't interest him that much.
We ended up buckling him back into his seat and letting him play with the pumpkin guts...he was pretty grossed out by it at first, so I let him push it around with the spoon. Eventually he was pushing it around with his fingers too.
Here is a video of him playing in the pumpkin.
When I had the first Jack-O-Lantern done, we showed it to Garytt. He really liked it.
Pointing to the pumpkin's mouth
Showing us his mouth...I'm cracking up.
Garytt with my very traditional looking Jack-o-Lantern
We asked Garytt to point out different part of the Jack-O-Lantern...eyes, nose, mouth. Here is the video of that.
Then we placed a battery powered light into the Jack-O-Lantern so that Garytt could see what it looked like lit up. (Thanks to Mimi for giving him that light, which made it safe to allow him to explore the pumpkin without getting burned.) Here is a short video of that.
Even though Justin couldn't carve the pumpkin, he did design the second pumpkin. My pumpkin was carved into a very happy and traditional face. Justin's pumpkin turned out very fun too! I liked how different it was compared to mine.
Done with the second pumpkin.
Garytt is inspecting the second pumpkin.
The final products on the porch.
It was fun to see Garytt react to the pumpkins once they had faces but I hope next year Garytt gets more involved in the actual pumpkin carving.
No comments:
Post a Comment