We arrived in Galena on Sunday just before dinner time. We stayed in a condo for the week, which was equipped with a kitchen. So, I quickly prepared dinner, which the boys seemed to enjoy.
After dinner, we just hung out in the condo and unpacked.
I also took the opportunity to baby proof the living room area with some plug protectors...I know, it's such a mom thing but it was nice not to have to worry about that when he was playing the rest of the week.
We actually spent Monday and Tuesday just hanging out around the condo. It was just nice to be able to hang out as a family and relax without the home projects staring us in the face...
The condo complex has an indoor pool. So, Justin and Garytt decided to go swimming on Monday. We brought Garytt's floating alligator along with us. He played with it a little bit prior to going down to the pool and I think he looks like he's learning to surf.
Once Justin was ready, it was off to the pool.
Apparently, the pool was quite chilly. You can see that in Justin's face as he and Garytt get into the water.
The boys played in the water for a little while.
Here are a few videos.
Unfortunately, the water was just too chilly for them to really enjoy themselves or stay in the water for very long. So, we went back up to the condo.
I also attempted to give Garytt a haircut during our down time in Galena. I have to say, I still have to work on my technique. But he also had a breakdown about half way through, so I really didn't get to finish. Practice makes perfect, right?!
On Tuesday, I also started baking the pies for Thanksgiving dinner. My parents were coming up from Kansas to stay with us on Wednesday. So, I thought it was best to get most of the baking done early.
With the pumpkin pies done, it really started to feel like Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment