3.18.2017

2016 Disneyland Vacation - Day 4

We started off our last day at Disneyland by having a character breakfast at one of the hotels. This was a "critter" breakfast, so it included characters like Chip and Dale and some characters we weren't really sure who they were, like the bear. The boys enjoyed it but this was probably our least favorite of all the character meals we have ever done just because there weren't that many characters and several we didn't even know.


After breakfast, we headed off to the Disneyland park. Near the entrance, we saw Donald in his very sparkly diamond celebration outfit. There was only a short line, so we stopped to see him since he is Westyn's favorite character and we hadn't met him yet on this trip.

Donald was so very impressed by Westyn's Donald ear hat. He took Westyn over to the rest of the line and pointed out his hat and had them cheer. It was so cute! (We have since found out that the Donald ears and the Goofy ears that the boys have are no longer sold, so you don't see them much in the parks anymore.)  I do love good character interactions!


Of course, after all the special attention for the Donald lover, we had to get a picture with both boys.


Then, Justin went to get some fastpasses and I took the boys to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. We can all three sit in one car, which makes it nice. There was hardly a line at all. So, the boys and I road it three times in a row. The just loved the ride and the short line!


Westyn was making some silly faces while waiting for lunch.


That's a big corn dog!


The Star Tours ride is always a favorite.


The castle looks beautiful during the day as well.


On our way to Hyperspace Mountain, we saw some Storm Troopers.


Hyperspace Mountain was just as fun the 2nd time.


After that, we went to watch the Mickey Sorcerer show. It was all smiles in our seats.


As always, the boys enjoyed finding the penny presses along the way.


This was the first trip that we tried pin trading. The boys enjoyed it but we often forgot to ask at the shops. They did trade a few and the kept a few of their originals and it is a fun extra thing to do.


Garytt and Justin went to ride a bigger ride. In the meantime, Westyn really wanted to do Tower of Terror again. I really don't like that ride. But I couldn't disappoint him, so off we went. I was so excited when we were placed in the front row so we would actually be able to see Westyn's face. Then, as it turns out, I was holding him so tight that our hands covered his face. But you can clearly see how much I am enjoying the ride.


Justin and Garytt met back up with us at the Tower of Terror. The boys wanted to ride again, so I let Justin take them both this time. It's hard to see Westyn yet again, but both the boys really love this ride!


It was getting dark and I wanted to get a few pictures at the front with the 60th Celebration sign at the train station. Unfortunately, Westyn was having a bit of a melt down about something, so he was teary eyed. But Garytt and I had fun getting a quick picture.


Westyn jumped in last minute.


We stayed late at the park that night. So, we rode a few smaller rides. Then we tried Splash Mountain with nearly no line. Apparently the back seat in the log is a double seat, so Westyn and I could ride together, which was perfect. The first ride photo, again, you can't really see Westyn but you sure can see what Garytt is feeling. (I know he is often dramatic in photos but this was real emotion in this one!)

 

They both wanted to ride it again. So, this time Justin leaned out a bit so we would be able to see Westyn. What a perfect final family photo to wrap up our Disneyland fun!


Good-bye Disneyland! It was wonderful celebrating your 60th Anniversary!

No comments: