2.03.2016

September Randomness

September had a lot of random photos that aren't enough to make up specific blog posts but will make this random blog post a little lengthy. Enjoy!

Westyn and his preschool class at Martyrs practicing being on the "train" to go in to class.


Some of our cousins that live in Iowa contacted us and said they would be near Lincoln and asked if we wanted to meet up at the Children's Museum. Of course! Garytt was in school but Westyn and I had a great morning visiting with our cousins!


Westyn was in charge of bringing something special to class for Mary's birthday. We decided to make birthday puppy chow.


We spilled a little bit on the floor while shaking, which I was planning to clean up after filling the rest of the bags...Justin walked in to find this happening...


Westyn was so excited to receive his own rosary at Mary's birthday party at school.


We also made a birthday cake for Mary at home.


Grandma found some storm trooper costumes for super cheap and sent them to the boys...they were pretty excited!


Westyn and I discovered that some military planes use the air field not far from our house to practice. It was like having a personal air show. Westyn loved watching them! (And it brought back memories of living on an Air Force Base.)


We did some updating to our light fixtures in the basement. It's amazing how simply changing out the light fixtures improved the overall look and feel of the house. Here are the old fixtures.


Now they all look like this.


Enjoying a neighborhood bike ride.


And a bike ride home from school.


We usually check the mail on our way home from school. (Well, in the nice weather we do.) And this particular day, the boys received a box in the mail with some surprises from Mimi.


Just waiting for G to get out of school...


I think this was an early out day for school. So, we took a trip to Sonic for a treat.


Playing in the yard...in a tweedle dee costume...just a normal day at the Brown house!


He made his own snack.


One Saturday in September, Justin had to go to an official university function.


Meanwhile, I decided I would start taking the tile out in the bathroom because I found a great deal on a quartz countertop. I thought I would be "helpful." I got this far...


When Justin got home, he had the pleasure of completing the project...I don't think he was thrilled about it but he was a trooper.


With a few minor glitches and a lot of hard work, he got the sink in and working! Whoop!


Here's the before and after...the after picture is still missing the back splash and side splash...but you get the idea. It was a big improvement.


We had a second Children's Museum outing in September when Grandma came to visit.


We watched the blood moon, which was a lot of anticipation for not a lot of reward...but the boys enjoyed playing with the flashlight.


At the end of September, Garytt was the Star of the Week for his Kindergarten class. He made a poster all about himself and got to bring in some items for show and tell.

No comments: